(Warning lots of words!)
This is a picture that I had on the previous blog post, and this is a comparison of the size of the stampers. They are the same size.
Ok, For this post I used a base of Wet N Wild Black Creme.
I used 2 types of polish to compare, and the two stampers to compare.
On the Pinkie finger: White Flirt polish that came in the pack and stamped with new Pink Stamper
On the Ring finger: White Flirt polish that came in the pack and stamped with the Purple Double Ended stamper.
On the middle finger: Wet N Wild French White Creme and stamped with the new Pink stamper
On the Index finger: Wet N Wild French White Creme and stamped with the Purple double ended stamper.
so it goes: pinkstamp-Flirt, purplestamp-Flirt, Pinkstamp-WnW, Purplestamp-WnW
I tried the scraper, and I personally don't like it. I will continue to use my gift card. I'm sure it is fine, I just have to get used to using it, and right now I prefer the gift card.
Both of the stampers work the same. And I believe are of similar quality. although I needed to buff the pink stamper before I picked up the image, which is common with most stampers.
In regard to the Flirt stamping polish, I believe it is very nice. It shows up more opaque and stronger against the black polish. It shows up better than the French White Creme, which is on the last two nails in the picture.
In conclusion I think this would be a great thing for people who are looking to get into stamping but are a little worried about not being able to do it. It is something that takes practice but a few short tips I have for beginning with this set:
- buff the stamper with a file before you begin to prep it.
- I would reccomend using an old gift card for your first time, it is just easier to get all the excess polish off.
- work fast and have the clean stamper
- have polish remover/acetone on hand to clean the stamper and plate after every use
- It takes practice, and once you get the perfect image on your stamper you will be so excited to put it on your nail!
Hope this was helpful to anyone!